Governing and Harnessing Natural Resources for Development: Can Africa Take the Lead?›By leadership project // Monday, November 5, 2012
By Professor Kevin Chika Urama, Executive Director, African Technology Policy Studies (ATPS)
I am writing this piece while attending the eighth African Development Forum being hosted in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 23 – 25 October 2012. The conference focused on “Governing and harnessing natural resources for Africa’s development”. This forum could not have been better timed for Africa to reconsider how its abundant natural resources have been governed and harnessed for development on the continent.MORE
Enhancing Climate Change Technology Transfer between the Global North and the Global South›By leadership project // Monday, October 8, 2012
By Kevin Urama and Turner Isoun
Summary: Climate change technology transfer has been included in several plans and programs with the aim of bridging the gap between industrialized countries and the developing world. In Africa, there have been prevailing mechanisms based primarily on top-down methodologies to technology transfer (e.g. North-South cooperation). This has often resulted in uneven outcomes and also has raised various issues pertaining to technology transfer. The overall objective of this paper is to understand the current status of climate change technology transfer in Africa. It presents evidence-based research centered on past and current climate change technology transfer (CCTT) projects implemented in African countries. It then explores the challenges, future potential, and opportunities for effective CCTT projects in Africa.
- Events for the Week of May 27th – June 2nd
- President Obama’s trip to Africa; ‘anarchy’ in the Central African Republic; technology supporting agriculture in Kenya; the mineral paradox in East Africa; emergency meeting of rival political leaders in Madagascar; and release of terrorist suspects in Nigeria
- Mali Matters
- Une nouvelle “usine à bébés” découverte au Nigeria
- Plus de 3 milliards d’euros promis pour la reconstruction du Mali
What We’re Tweeting
- global.gender.current » Blog Archive » The Courage to Dare: African Women and Youth Innovators on Mentorship, Coaching, Board Service, Sponsorship…How Will You Pay it Forward TODAY?
- Jeremiah Asaka on Doing More: Linking Governance and Positive Maternal Health Outcomes
- umar moulta ali on Doing More: Linking Governance and Positive Maternal Health Outcomes
- Dr Mark P McHenry on Governing and Harnessing Natural Resources for Development: Can Africa Take the Lead?
- Tina Robiolle-Moul on Peace Education in Fragile States: A Hope for the Future